- Gidda, Bhangra, Skits, Quiz, Live DJ.
- Pleasanton Senior Center, Sunol Blvd, Pleasanton, CA
- Saturday, October 25, 2014
- 500 – 9:00 PM
- Tickets: $15; Under 5 free
With the number of Indian immigrants settling in Tri Valley increasing at the rate it is, if anything, one would imagine increasing community organization and participation.
So its almost not heartening to know that Holi celebration in Tri Valley this year (2011) is not on a smooth ride. The TVIA (Tri Valley Indian Association) did an excellent job organizing Holi at the Emerald Glen park in Dublin last year (2010). The event was well organized, and was a hit. There was music, dance, games, color and a lot of bonhomie, and participation. However, from there on, first the TVIA Diwali plan last year went awry (lack of participation/interest – read tickets not sold), and then this year no Holi because of lack of volunteers to organize it.
Sure, the community needs helping hands!
In any case, there is some ray of hope. ‘Art of Living Tri-Valley Center – Pleasanton/ Dublin/ San Ramon’ was apparently up to something, and they have announced holding a potluck – ‘Festival of Colors (Holi)‘ on March 19th, 2011 at 11:30 AM, and they invite friends and family to join. The location is
2833 Bethany Road
San Ramon, CA 94582
If you may want to go, please contact the center (925-336-1203, 510-593-5858, sanramon[a]us.artofliving.org) for participating in the food potluck.
Other than this, surely some groups of friends may be getting ready for celebrating Holi. The official Holi date actually is March 20 (Sunday) – so don’t be surprised to see brethren from India in colors of holi in parks during the weekend of March 19-20. If any groups are forming, please spread the word around. The more the people, the merrier and colorrier!
If you are willing to drive 25+ miles, there could be other good options:.
- Asha Stanford Holi 2011 Saturday, April 2 · 10:00am – 1:00pm Sandhill Fields Oak Rd Stanford, CA
- Holi Garba-Raas Party – March 12, 2011 8PM – Jain Temple Milpitas
- SEF UPMA Holi Mela 2011 Mar 19 2011 Time: 11:00 AM
- Holi Celebration & Mela at Sunnyvale Hindu Temple Mar 20 2011, Holi Dahan on Friday March 18th @ 07.00 PM
- Janyaa presents Holi Cupertino, CA 2011 Mar 13 2011 10:00AM
- BAYVP Holi Garba Celebration Mar 26 2011
- GCA Dhuleti Celebration Mar 19 2011 11:00AM
- Rajasthani Holi 2011 Mar 19 2011 9:00AM
For details, google the events.