Due to popular demand, Genius Kids is offering FREE public speaking classes this week (Sept 12, 13). Give your child the best life skill – effective communication, self confidence and critical thinking skills, the ability to interact in any social situation.
Monday September 12, 2011 – from 6:30 – 7:30 pm for Grades K-3rd.
Tuesday September 13, 2011 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm for Grades 4th-8th.
- learn to be more sensitive and skilled communicator
- public speaking encourages you to look inside yourself and explore what matters to you–>share
- learn to consider listeners-what do they want, need, like,care about
- learn the power of speech-words have emotional content
- words can hurt, heal, create, build, transform
- in the beginning there was only speech…learner may only have speech
- learn to focus topic, how to structure, learn to listen, critically evaluate, discriminate type of message, appeal is it valid?
- learn to be active in learning–speak up and learn
- can give or get help in class
- oral communications always one of top skills demanded by employer- what occupation doesn’t need it?
- learn to speak concisely, clearly and confidently
- will help you speak out in important situations, as parent, citizen, customer, tax payer Social Benefits
- nature of human to form groups- depends on communication skills
- learn ability to persuade others—change things for better–be involved- seek civil justice, human rights-democracy-freedom of speech